Wednesday 15 June 2016

Petroleum Minister Ibe Kachikwu openly opposed Transport Minister, Rotimi Amaechi on Maritime University, Okerenkoko

Rotimi Amaechi who is against the proposed maritime university in Delta State said "my argument about Okerenkoko is that land alone is 13billion naira, if you give me 13billion naira, I will buy half of Lagos. That 13billion naira has built the university already, so no need to spend more money. What to do, let EFCC retrieve the money from them and release them, then we will build the university, if they bring the 13billion naira, I will build it for them."
Ibe Kachikwu on his part said "first let me say on Maritime University, I disagree with the minister of transport. Any facility that is placed in the south south, we should work towards developing it. I don't care the circumstances under which we are placed... it is not my position to determine whether land was valued at 19billion naira or 10billion naira or 3billion naira. the appropriate institutions which are the court systems will determine that. That has nothing to do with the development of the infrastructure. As far as I know, so much has gone into that property. So much fiscal assets has been developed. We are not going to throw away the baby with the bath water. We will deal with the issues but the university will be developed. If Amaechi doesn't want it as maritime university, I will take it up as petroleum university."

"on issue of negotiation, again, I disagree with Amaechi? There is no theatre in the world where conflicts are Being resolved through battle. It does not matter who is wrong or who is right."

Rotimi Amaechi and Ibe Kacikwu were both speaking at the South South Town Hall Meeting in Uyo on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment